Telehealth Certification Institute

Call Now

Text Now

Call Now

Text Now

AAT-I Approved Profession Types

The following is a list of the profession types that can qualify for the AAT-I by taking the full AAT-I training program. Masters-level behavioral health clinicians are welcome to complete the credential program.  If your profession is not listed, please feel free to contact us for details.


  • BCPCC (Board Certified Professional Christian Counselor)
  • CCMH (Clinical Counselor in Mental Health)
  • CCMHC (Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor)
  • CGP (Certified Group Psychotherapist)
  • CPC (Certified Professional Counselor)
  • LCMHC (Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor)
  • LCP (Licensed Counseling Professional)
  • LCPC (Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor)
  • LGPC (Licensed Graduate Professional Counselor)
  • LMHC (Licensed Mental Health Counselor)
  • LMHP (Licensed Mental Health Practitioner)
  • LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor)
  • LPCC (Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor)
  • LPCMH (Licensed Professional Counselor of Mental Health)
  • NCC (National Certified Counselor)
  • RPC (Registered Professional Counselor)


  • CAC (Certified Alcoholism Counselor)
  • CADAC (Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor)
  • CADC (Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor)
  • CAP (Certified Addictions Professional)
  • CAS (Certified Addiction Specialist)
  • CASAC (Certified Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor)
  • CCADC (Certified Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor)
  • CCDP (Certified Chemical Dependency Professional)
  • CRADC (Certified Reciprocal Alcohol and Drug Counselor)
  • CRC (Certified Rehabilitation Counselor)
  • CSAC (Certified Substance Abuse Counselor)
  • DOT SAP (Department of Transportation Substance Abuse
  • LADAC (Licensed Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor)
  • LADC (Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor)
  • LCADC (Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor)
  • LCAS (Licensed Clinical Addictions Specialist)
  • LCDC (Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor)
  • LCDP (Licensed Chemical Dependency Professional)
  • LSATP (Licensed Substance Abuse Treatment Practitioner)
  • MAC (Master Addictions Counselor)


  • CMFT (Certified Marriage and Family Therapist)
  • LCMFT (Licensed Clinical Marriage and Family Therapist)
  • LlMFT (Licensed Independent Marriage and Family Therapist)
  • LMFT (Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist)
  • MFCC (Marriage, Family and Child Counselor)
  • MFT (Marriage and Family Therapist)
  • MFTI (Marriage and Family Therapy Intern)

Social Work

  • ACSW (Academy of Clinical Social Workers)
  • BCD (Board Certified Diplomate in Clinical Social Work)
  • CCSW (Certified Clinical Social Worker)
  • CICSW (Certified Independent Clinical Social Worker)
  • CISW (Certified Independent Social Worker)
  • CSW (Clinical Social Worker)
  • CSW-C (Certified Social Worker-Clinical)
  • LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker)
  • LCSW-C (Licensed Certified Social Worker-Clinical)
  • LGSW (Licensed Graduate Social Worker)
  • LICSW (Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker)
  • LISW (Licensed Independent Social Worker)
  • LISW-CP (Licensed Independent Social Worker - Clinical Practice)
  • LMSW (Licensed Master Social Worker)
  • LMSW-ACP (Licensed Master Social Worker-Advanced Clinical)
  • LSCSW (Licensed Specialist Clinical Social Worker)
  • LSW (Licensed Social Worker)
  • Practitioner)
  • SW (Social Worker)


  • CP (Clinical Psychologist)
  • LCP (Licensed Clinical Psychologist)
  • LP (Licensed Psychoanalyst)
  • LPA (Licensed Psychological Associate)
  • LPE (Licensed Psychological Examiner)


  • NCPsyA (Nationally Certified Psychoanalyst)


  • BCBT (Board Certification in Bereavement Trauma)
  • BCDT (Board Certification in Disability Trauma)
  • BCDV (Board Certification in Domestic Violence)
  • BCETS (Board Certified Expert in Traumatic Stress)
  • BCFT (Board Certification in Forensic Traumatology)
  • BCIT (Board Certification in Illness Trauma)
  • BCMVT (Board Certification in Motor Vehicle Trauma)
  • BCRT (Board Certification in Rape Trauma)
  • BCSA (Board Certification in Sexual Abuse)
  • BCSM (Board Certification in Stress Management)

Occupational Therapists

  • Certified or Licensed Occupational Therapists
  • NBCOTs

Pastoral Counseling

  • CCPT (Certified Clinical Pastoral Therapist)
  • CpastC (Certified Pastoral Counselor)
  • LpastC (Licensed Pastoral Counselor)
  • LPP (Licensed Pastoral Psychotherapist)

Physical Therapists

  • Certified or Licensed Physical Therapist Assistants
  • Certified or Licensed Physical Therapists

Recreational Therapists

  • Certified Recreational Therapist
  • License Recreational Therapist


  • CRC (Certified Rehabilitation Counselor)


  • APN (Advanced Nurse Practitioner)
  • APRN (Advanced Practice Registered Nurse)
  • LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)
  • LVN (Licensed Vocational Nurse)
  • NP (Nurse Practitioner)
  • PMHNP (Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner)
  • RN (Registered Nurse)

Nursing Home Administrators

  • Certified or Licensed Nursing Home Administrators

Activity Directors

  • Certified or Licensed Activity Directors  


  • LSP (Licensed School Psychologist)
  • BCSCR (Board Certification in School Crisis Response)
  • BCUCR (Board Certification in University Crisis Response)
  • NCSC (National Certified School Counselor)

Creative Arts

  • LCAT (Licensed Creative Arts Therapist)

Music Therapy

  • MT-BC (Music Therapist-Board Certified)

Dance Therapy

  • ADTR (Academy of Dance Therapists Registered)
  • DTR (Dance Therapist Registered)

Art Therapists

  • ATR (Registered Art Therapist)
  • ATR-BC (Registered Art Therapist - Board Certified)
  • REAT (Registered Expressive Arts Therapist)

Drama Therapist

  • RDT (Registered Drama Therapist)


  • CEAP (Certified Employee Assistance Professional)

Play Therapy

  • RPT (Registered Play Therapist)
  • RPT-S (Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor)

Physician Assistant

  • PA (Physician's Assistant)

Eating Disorder

  • CEDS (Certified Eating Disorders Specialist)


  • Psychiatrist