An every-other-month continuing education series -- a free forum for clinical supervisors to learn, network, and share historical and innovative practices in clinical supervision for mental health professionals. The focus will include a combination of theory and practice. Each month an expert supervisor will facilitate a lecture and discussion. Guest presenters will include allied professionals representing counseling, clinical social work, marriage and family therapy, and psychology. Continuing Education credits will be offered for behavioral health clinicians.
Live, interactive webinars will be hosted on the following dates:
Join us for a LIVE online webinar on posted Fridays from 1:00-2:30pm Eastern time
- September 15, 2023 "Managing Your Supervision Group" with Shannon Heers, LPC, LMHC, CAS, ACS
- November 17, 2023 "Models of Clinical Supervision" with Mary Kate Reese, PhD, LPC, CPCS
Check back for future dates - posted dates at the time of registration are included with enrollment. Re-enrollment is required in order to add new dates. (We do not automatically sign you up for webinars!)
Enrollment in this series includes access to the live events. It does not include recordings of the presentations.
Topics addressed this year & the corresponding learning objectives:
January 20, 2023 The Empowerment Model of Clinical Supervision: A Modern Model for Private Practice and Community Mental Health with Khara Croswaite Brindle
- Describe ethical dilemmas that impact supervision needs in community mental health and private practice settings.
- Identify the roles of a supervisor supporting growth in their supervisee.
- Enhance supervision skills for use in your practice, organization, or agency.
- Compare popular supervision models for adoption within their practice, organization, or agency
March 10, 2023 Using Motivational Interviewing Skills in Supervision with Hillary Bolter and Dayna Guido
- Demonstrate how to use MI Skills in Supervision.
- Explain the importance of matching MI skills to the stage of development of the supervisee.
- Identify three MI skills relevant to each stage of supervisee development.
May 12, 2023 The Clinical Supervisor’s Observations for Remediation: Strategies for Personal & Professional Development with Ruby L. Blow
- Identify the factors that impact supervisors’ judgements about and perceptions of their supervisees that can result in misperceptions due to bias and blind spots.
- Name five supervisory interventions that can be utilized beyond referring supervisees for their own treatment.
- Discern what supervisory interventions can best be utilized based on supervisee’s developmental needs.
July 14, 2023 Ethical Considerations of Hosting Interns and Supervisees with Dr. Tara Anderson
- List 4 Ethical Codes and Considerations when introducing interns and supervisees into their practice.
- Construct policies to address the Ethical issues discussed in this training.
- Evaluate further ethical issues that will arise while having interns and supervisees in their practice.
September 15, 2023 Managing Your Supervision Group with Shannon Heers
- List the 4 stages of development in group supervision
- Break down the 4 types of challenging supervisees in a group setting
- Explain how to manage challenging group processes and dynamics
November 17, 2023 Models of Clinical Supervision with Mary Kate Reese
- Describe the four major categories of clinical supervision models and specific models from each category.
- Identify the strengths and limitations of supervision models as described in the research literature.
- Analyze the various supervision models and explain how context, format, and culture are important considerations when applying a supervision model in practice.
A complete list of all Supervision Courses available can be found here.
- Dr. Sonja Sutherland, PhD, LPC, ACS, BC-TMH
- Ruby L. Blow, MA, LPC, NCC, BCC, CPCS, ACS,BC-TMH
- Ray Barrett, LMHC, LPC
- Dr. Vicki Loyer, PhD
- Dr. Laura Fazio-Griffith, PhD, NCC, LPC-S, RPT-S
- Dr. Melanie Smith, PhD, LMHC, CEDS-S
- Dr. Rosalind Polk-Hall, EdD, LPC, CPCS
- Kristin Ryan Easley, MS, LPC, NCC
- Katherine Hertlein, PhD
- Francisca Mix, MA, LPC, BC-DMT, ACS
- Khara Croswaite Brindle, MA, LPC, ACS
- Hillary Bolter, MSW, LCSW, LCAS
- Dayna Guido, MSW, LCSW, ACSW
- Dr. Tara Sanderson, PsyD, MBA
- Shannon Heers, LPC, LMHC, CAS, ACS
- Mary Kate Reese, PhD, LPC, CPCS
Register: The Clinical Supervisors' Forum is FREE, and we are pleased to be able to offer you CEs as a part of this important dialogue. So that we can provide you these CEs, you are required to:
- login and access the direct link to the webinar through your account
- participate in the webinar fully
- complete a post-test with a passing score of 80% or higher (which can be retaken until passed), and complete a course evaluation
- collect your certificate of completion on your account after steps 1-3 are completed
Directions for completing a course can be found by clicking here.
Participants may request a printed version of their certificate of completion to be delivered by mail. A shipping/handling fee of $6.95 will be charged per request. Shipping internationally may require an additional charge.
Enroll in the webinar by adding it to the cart and proceeding through the check out process (for $0). Create an account (or login to yours) during the checkout process.
Prepare: Download Zoom software. Participants must use a device that is connected to adequate internet speed with a camera, microphone and speakers (or headset).
Attend: At least 15 minutes before the designated start time, login to your account on the website. Go to "My Courses", click on the title of the webinar. The link for the webinar will be listed in the course content.
1.5 CE contact credits for each live webinar.
Each participant must attend the full event. An evaluation must be completed within one week of the event. Continuing Education credit(s) cannot be issued unless attendance is recorded and the evaluation is submitted.
Counselors: Telehealth Certification Institute, LLC has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No, 6693. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Telehealth Certification Institute, LLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. This course qualifies for 1.5 contact hours.
Telehealth Certification Institute, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors. #MHC-0048. Approval renewal date: 1/31/2026
Marriage and Family Therapists: Many MFT licensing boards accept our courses or one of the approvals which we have from professional associations. You can check with your board to determine if this course would be accepted by your licensing board.
Social Workers: Telehealth Certification Institute LLC, #1609, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Telehealth Certification Institute LLC maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 05/02/2021 – 05/02/2024. Social workers completing this course receive 1.5 clinical continuing education credits.
Telehealth Certification Institute, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0435. Approval renewal date: 2/28/2026
Addiction Professionals: Telehealth Certification Institute is an approved provider of continuing education by NAADAC, The Association for Addiction Professionals, provider #193104, effective 02/23/2021. Full attendance is required; no partial credit will be awarded for partial attendance. (Review course description for Addiction Professional CEs)
Psychologists: Telehealth Certification Institute LLC is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Telehealth Certification Institute LLC maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Telehealth Certification Institute, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0128. Effective 8/31/2021 – 8/31/2024
Art Therapists: Telehealth Certification Institute, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed creative arts therapists #CAT-0093. 7/21/2021 – 7/31/2024
Other Professionals: This activity qualifies for 90 minutes of instructional content as required by many national, state and local licensing boards and professional organizations. Retain your certificate of completion and contact your board or organization for specific filing requirements.
By registering for this event you are agreeing to the following:
24 hour notice is required if you are not able to make it to a live event. Recordings are not provided to webinar registrants.
To test using Zoom.us/test before the event to ensure you are ready for the event.
Since this is a live interactive event it means that your interaction during the event is expected.
An evaluation must be completed within one week of the event. Continuing Education credit(s) cannot be issued unless you attend the event and the evaluation is submitted. (Evaluation is not mandatory for APA hours)
Partial CE credits are not possible; therefore you are required to be present throughout the event in order to receive CE credits.
Respect all other participants during the event as though you would if you were sitting with the other attendees at a conference table:
- Dress appropriately
- Be in a private location void of distractions
- Do not multitask
- Do not drive during an event
- Remain on mute unless you are sharing with the group
Closed captioning is offered for live webinar participants.
During the live webinar, captions will be provided either by:
- clicking on a button at the top left corner of your screen to view the real-time transcription, or
- following the link given in the chat window to access the captions. If you use the link you will have to minimize the transcription window to fill half of your screen and the minimize the Zoom window to fill the other half of your screen. You can also use two screens if you would prefer.
Behavioral health providers with an interest in or who are clinical supervisors.
This is a live, interactive webinar.