This 100 minute training was recorded on 12/3/21 and will give you the latest information about insurance billing and coverage for video and phone psychotherapy sessions, and what is believed to be coming in 2022. Will clients lose telehealth coverage, and if so, how can we prepare? This presentation shares what is known, help you formulate better questions for health plans, and dispel common myths and misconceptions. The training is aimed at psychotherapists nationwide, both in- and out-of-network.
- A review of codes and modifiers for telehealth billing (and why assumptions can be dangerous)
- Will plans continue to waive copayments?
- Will plans keep covering phone sessions, and out-of-network providers?
- The best (and worst) place to find coverage info
- What is needed to document telehealth sessions
- What if you give up your office? What address do you use on claims?
- Will you be paid less for telehealth sessions?
- What ALL therapists should be thinking about now to avoid treatment interruptions
The participant will be able to:
- Identify how insurance coverage of telehealth coverage is changing due to the COVID pandemic
- Identify how to code and bill for telehealth sessions, in order to avoid claim denials and treatment interruption
- Name two ways documentation for telehealth sessions is different
From the time of registration, you have six months to access the coursework.
Barbara Griswold, LMFT
Barbara Griswold, LMFT, is author of “Navigating the Insurance Maze: The Therapist’s Complete Guide to Working with Insurance — And Whether You Should” (8th edition). She has taught hundreds of trainings and provides phone consultations to therapists nationwide about insurance, progress notes, and building a thriving practice. Her mission is to help therapists feel as good about their business as they do about their clinical work. She can be contacted here.
Credit Hours: This course does not offer CE credits, just 1 hour and 40 minutes of great content.
This is a non-interactive, self-study course.
To receive your certificate of completion you must complete the course in its entirety.
To complete this Online Self Study Course, one must register, log in, select the My Courses option from the menu items, click the Course Title, complete all of the modules, and complete the course evaluation.
Psychologists and other professionals seeking CE credit through our approval with the American Psychological Association are asked but not required to complete the course evaluation before obtaining their certificate of completion, however passing a post-test for online self-study courses, and submitting one's attendance for live on-site and live webinars is required.
You can download or print your certificate of completion by logging into your account, navigating to the course by selecting the My Courses option from the menu items, clicking the Course Title, scrolling to the Certificate of Completion section, and clicking on the Certificate of Completion link to either download it or print it.
Directions for completing a course can be found by clicking here.
This course is intended for clinicians who provide behavioral health services.
Teaching methods for this course include recorded lectures, videos, a post-test, and a course evaluation. The courses may include required reading.