Master the skills needed to successfully manage a telehealth program. Learn to coordinate virtual visits between consultants and their patients in both remote and urban settings. Learn how to select, purchase, and utilize telehealth technology. Discover strategies used by successful telehealth programs. Learn to build a cohesive telehealth team.
Those who have earned the Telehealth Director/Manager and Coordinator (THDC) Certificate have demonstrated their dedication to mastering the duties of these roles, completed a comprehensive training program, and have passed a qualifying exam.
This course contains approximately five hours of video instruction with four expert instructors.
Who should attend:
- Telehealth/Telemedicine Directors, Managers, and Coordinators
- Professionals Seeking Career Development
- Those wanting to advance their careers in telehealth; launch telehealth services; and those who wish to improve their telehealth services.
- Define the roles of the telehealth coordinator, director, facilitator, and consultant
- Explain how staff in different telehealth roles collaborate
- Explain how to create a telehealth program strategy
- Describe the steps involved in selecting telehealth technology for an organization
- Describe how to work with vendors and how to acquire bids
- Determine what should be included in contracts with technology vendors
- List the criteria for evaluating telehealth technology
- List key factors in developing a cohesive telehealth team, and ways to create organizational change to support successful telehealth programs
- List the steps for receiving and responding to feedback on telehealth programs
- Describe how to create, implement, increase adherence to, and decommission policies and procedures
- List funding sources for telehealth services
- List at least two ways to create a financially sustainable telehealth program
- Describe the different technical support models (i.e: tier one supplied by a vendor, inside your organization, direct to consumer)
- List the different types of technology hosting solutions and network considerations of each for your organization
This course offers no continuing education credits.
From the time of registration, you have six months to access the coursework.
In order to earn the THDC certificate, you must complete the full training and pass the qualifying exam.
Credit Hours = 0
This course does not offer continuing education credit hours, but it does offer 5.5 hours of detailed instructional content.
Mitchell Fong has been a healthcare professional for about a decade. Mitchell has a Molecular Biology degree, Masters degrees in Public Health, and an MBA. Mitchell's telemedicine journey began in 2012 when he began researching the need for Telehealth in Rural Nevada, which ultimately was the topic for his public health professional paper. As a public and population health professional, Mitchell has been able to help develop strategic plans for the community and is dedicated to his mission of improving the care for the community - no matter the size or disparities that exist. Mitchell has been creating the telehealth roadmap for Renown and the Northern Nevada and California regions with a focus on closing the care gaps in a state that ranks 7th in size but 48th in provider access. As Director of Telehealth at Renown Health, Mitchell has focused on strategic partnerships, program management, as well as innovation and development of the entire telehealth program in alignment with the Renown mission.
Renown is a multi-hospital system located in Northern Nevada and the largest not-for-profit healthcare network in Northern Nevada. Renown began their telehealth program in 2012 and have been delivering quality digital care to partners across the state and Eastern Sierra Nevada communities. Renown's vision is to make a genuine difference in the health and well-being of the people and communities they serve.
Amy Hermes is an experienced healthcare provider with a demonstrated history of successful innovation and leadership. Her experience includes 23 years of combined clinical experience as both an RN and a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner. Amy also has over four years of experience as a Telehealth Director. Amy's achievements in her role as a Telehealth Director include the development, launch, and oversight of five inpatient telehealth programs, two outpatient telehealth programs, a teletherapy program, and a direct-to-consumer telehealth app. Amy received her Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from Midwestern State University, Women's Health Certification from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, and her Master of Science in Nursing with a focus on Executive Nurse Leadership from the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston.
Andrew Kauble is an experienced Information Technology leader at Renown Health, a multi-hospital system that is locally governed and locally owned. Renown is a not-for-profit integrated healthcare network serving northern Nevada, Lake Tahoe and northeast California and was an early adopter of telehealth in 2012. Andrew has a focus on collaboration, communication, and telehealth technologies and has spent over twelve years in the Information Technology field, with more than half of that in Healthcare IT specifically. His current priority is creating sustainable, efficient, and effective ways to deliver Healthcare through the use of Telemedicine equipment to underserved rural Nevada communities. Recently, he has achieved CompTIA Network+ and ITIL certifications and plans to continue furthering his education. Andrew enjoys spending his spare time with family and friends or on the track with the Reno Sports Car Club of America.
Raymond Barrett, CEO, LMHC, LPC, is an expert telemental health consultant and instructor. He has assisted many organizations with creating, launching, and enhancing their telehealth programs, developed several courses on telemental health, and provided speaking engagements nationwide. Consultation clients and trainees find Ray to be very approachable, available, and knowledgeable. As a clinician, Ray has extensively provided telemental health counseling services in private practice, for facilities, and an EAP program.
Teaching method for this course includes recorded lectures.