Why should graduate students receive training in telemental health?
Evidence-based telemental health training
- Behavioral health graduate programs prepare students to offer the highest standard of care for the populations they serve. Despite an increased need to “go remote”, students often do not have the digital health proficiency to offer telemental health services in a way that is ethical and effective. Evidence-based telemental health training can make all the difference in preparing students to offer the highest quality care through virtual means.
- Our training streamlines the teaching process for faculty and supervisors, reducing the stress and uncertainty of transitioning students to telehealth.
Join 58 other universities taking the step towards telehealth proficiency for their staff, faculty, or graduate students.
The University of Texas at Austin
University of Minnesota
San Mateo Community College District
Bowling Green University
Washtenaw Community College
University of Central Florida
The University of Texas at Commerce
University of Florida
Reformed Theological Seminary
Joliet Junior College
The MICO, Jamaica
University of North Dakota
Louisiana State University
North Carolina A&T University
Texas A&M University
University of North Florida
University of North Georgia
University of South Carolina Upstate
Texas Tech University
and many more...
The TeleMental Health Training (THTC) Certificate Program
is designed to provide clinicians and students with the ethical, legal, technological, and clinical framework for conducting telehealth sessions effectively.
State-of-the-art telemental health curriculum that balances theory with practical application
The curriculum is reviewed for accuracy, balance, and consistency by an outside advisory board representing the fields of counseling, psychology, and social work
Schools may either require students to access TCI-branded curriculum or access a dedicated instance tailored for your school
Developed and taught by an experienced, highly-regarded instructor who is also a practicing clinician and well-known expert in the telemental health field
The online curriculum is plug-and-play and housed by TCI for easy access and updates
The curriculum is regularly updated to keep content accurate and current
What makes us different?
- The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB)
- The Association of Additions Professionals (NAADAC)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
How Does My School Purchase the THTC Training?
Reach out to our team and discover how easy it is to receive the following:
- Your school's on-demand telemental training and assessments housed on a secure website
- 15.5 hours of focused, comprehensive video content, divided into 10 modules with quizzes
- A 200-page TeleMental Health Review and Study Guide
- Six-month access to training and one-year access to resources
- Co-branded course pages with your school's logo and colors
- Optional Live Webinar training sessions with an expert telemental health instructor
- Reporting on student progress
- A dedicated and live support team to answer student questions
Cost per Registration
| || |
- Unused enrollments will roll over to the next semester
Students have six months to complete the program and earn their THTC.
Students have one year’s access to the comprehensive Review Guide
Licensed participants will earn 10-15.5 continuing education credits when completing the THTC Program.
Yes, our training program can always be customized to meet the specific goals of your educational institution. It is also possible to add on to the THTC Program in order to cover special topics.
Some universities successfully incorporate the THTC Program into ethics courses or courses on technology in healthcare. Others include the THTC Program as required training within field practicum.
Absolutely. Earning the THTC sets a clinician apart as someone with increased proficiency in telemental health. This benefits employers and clients.
Yes, we believe in providing a group student rate to make this option affordable for universities and for their students.